Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Project Life share

Hey! I'm sharing a few project life spreads today using mostly the Carolina Moon kit and some new Dear Lizzy goodies! Honestly, it's taking me a while to get into the swing of doing monthly project life instead of weekly. At first I found it really difficult to know what photos to put where, and felt to constricted to the weekly format. I have definitely loved that its more free flowing. If I have more photos I just do another spread, and it doesn't matter if I have 5 spreads for the month or 3. Its also been nice to be able to match colors in the photos. So, lets say you have a stack of photos covering a few weeks in May, you just pick and choose the ones that go together and it doesn't matter what week its from. That's something I struggled with last year doing the weekly spreads. Sometimes the color tones and clothes the kids wore or what not just did NOT go together, so chances are some photos just didn't get used because it just didn't look right. There's always black and white of course, but I send my pictures out to be printed so when you get them back, lay them out you see the colors that clash and there's just not much you can do. SO anyway, onto the spreads!

 I totally covered up the "books" part of that coffee+books=bliss. As much as I loved reading when I was younger, I just am not into it anymore. I guess life is so busy when I do have a few moments there are so many things I want to do, reading is pretty low on the list. That and I never have a clue what I would read. So if you have any good book suggestions, please feel free! I mixed in some of the midnight core kit in this one. (or the "little black dress" of project life kits)  



 I've really been trying to do more stamping, I always love the stamps, but somehow they don't make it on alot of layouts. 

 On this layout I used that 4x6 chipboard May 2015. I simply painted it white and distressd the edges slightly so it wasn't to perfect. A few of the cards are this months Studio Calico kit, some are cut aparts from the new Dear Lizzy collection, like the Life is Sweet card. That red matches those chipboard hears so perfectly. This is a pretty journal heavy layout, May is a busy month around here! This year I've really simplified my spreads, less is definitely more when it comes to project life!



And that's it! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment