Thursday, March 3, 2016

I'm still here!

Oh my goodness, I know, I know. I have SERIOUSLY neglected my poor blog in the past months. But in my defense, life can get pretty crazy, amirite? I have something to share next week, but I thought I would just pop over here today and, first of all let everyone know I'm still alive, and second of all share a couple layouts I've created recently. One of big goals for this year is to really dive into my stash, STOP HOARDING and get it on the page. I'm like the worst hoarder ever, seriously I'll buy paper and just put it on the shelf, take it out and look at it every once in while but never bring myself to cut it. The first cut definitely is the deepest isn't it. It always seems I try to save my favorite things for a "special" page but then I realized something, isn't EVERY page special. Doesn't it seem like the pictures you love, and you want the page to be perfect are the hardest to put together? Eventually, truth be told, I forget about those things I just couldn't use and they end up sitting alone and unloved. BUT, hoard no more! In this layout, which I LOVE (it was all about not overdoing or overthinking the paint. Stroke, stroke. DONE.) I used my favorite wood veneer, on the first layout I made with this beautiful collection. Crate Paper, they get me everytime.


When I bought that flowery paper I said to myself "I shall cut out every single flower on here and use them somehow, because they are so stinkin' gorgeous!" That's exactly what I did. That was totally the right call with this one. Love love.


Remember that first one with the paint? Yeah? ok good. I tried to recreate that. But it was an epic fail. I said, don't overthink it. You know what? Totally overthought it. Layered behind this sweet cutfile from the silhouette store totally saved it I think :)


Ok, last one. This is the first layout I made with the Studio Calico February kit. It is also currently the only layout I've made with the kit. Speaking of, I better get crackin' on that bad boy since the new kit is going to ship in a few days! anyway, this one was all about those sweet heart files. Ok, and a sweet little girl. If I'm being truly honest this was totally not taken on a Monday. But Monday sounded so much better then Tuesday. ha!


So that's all for me today, but stop by next week, I have something fun I can't wait to share!!



1 comment:

  1. These are all so lovely! And I hear ya on the blog neglect :/ same here!

    ReplyDelete